Friday, September 13, 2013

Oh This City's Wild...Until We Say Goodbye

AHHH! Things have been nutty (as always). I am officially PAST the four weeks to go mark!
Still waiting on my visa. Maybe next week it will come.
I said goodbye to people in Knoxville last weekend. I didn't want to write a post right after because I was somewhat depressed about it. It was hard mainly because I didn't see a lot of people I wanted to meet up with, and then the people I did see I had to say goodbye to them indefinitely...! Now I am out of that funk mostly because...
I went to an amazing concert last night! It was the last Live on the Green of the 2013 season, featuring all local bands, with Moon Taxi headlining! I had gone to the Matt Nathanson one (I only saw The Mowglis in the end), but this one was super incredible. I was supposed to meet up with my best friend after coming with my brother, but it was impossible. And yet I still had a good time! After a week of feeling pretty lonely, it was nice to just rock out to my FAVORITE song LIVE, for FREE! I came home glittery and exhausted yet filled with adrenaline (we left while it was still hype) and so happy. The wonderful thing about music is that it is so therapeutic, especially when you are surrounded by people all receiving that same wonderful therapy as you. It connects the audience and creates a sense of unanimity. When we were waiting for Moon Taxi to come out, we were shouting, "USA! USA! USA!" which some people thought was "Moon Ta-Xay! Moon Ta-xay! Moon Ta-xay!" (This IS the South, after all) We were all dancing and singing and clapping our hands, there were even crowd surfers! (Some in a kiddie pool, even haha) When I got home, I had to stay up for another hour packing because...
This is my first post NOT from Nashville! I am in San Antonio, Texas to visit my grandmother this weekend! Right now I'm waiting for her to finish her treatment and then hopefully we can get some lunch. I was going to go to the mall over here with the big cowboy boots but after having to wake up at 5 am for the flight, I was so tired I fell asleep when I got to the hotel. I'm having fun because my mom surprised me with a king size bed which I have never slept in before! And I'm now friends with one of the concierges who came to get me from the airport, so I asked him what to do around here and he said, "You know, I've been here too long. I think it's pretty boring. And I can say that to you because you're young!" Well, that got me thinking.
When I was ready to move to Knoxville, I started loving Nashville more. I didn't resent it as much.
When I decided to move to Israel, I began to see the beautiful things about my home city that I hadn't noticed before. The way the sunrise is beyond beautiful from downtown. The nature to enjoy in Bellevue. The kind people. The sound of music everywhere. The way the city takes care of its own. Now, I still know that Nashville isn't perfect--neither is Israel, no place is--but I came to see all the city has to offer in its unique way. I began to take advantage of cheap and free concerts, especially. It's truly special. I will admit that I am going through a country phase, wearing my cowboy boots everywhere and learning to love country music, but it's not all bad. I'll bring my bit of the South to the Holy Land, saying "shalom, y'all!"
When it comes to Nashville and leaving for Israel I only have one thing to say.
"This much I know is true...God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."
P.S. Vols did it again! vs. WKU, 52-20
That makes us 2-0! Wish those boys luck in Oregon tomorrow, let's get that upset!

UPDATE: Since I am not a faster and also am in San Antonio with my non-Jewish grandmother, I totally forgot. Hope everyone has an easy fast. G'mar chatimah tovah!

No comments:

Post a Comment